U-Haul Truck Rental
Although U-Haul is the largest truck rental company in the United States, we do not recommend them. Perhaps it's pure statistics, the larger the company the more opportunities for failure, or perhaps it's their continually poor track record. Either way, whenever possible we recommend using Budget Truck Rental or Penske Truck Rental. Because we like to provide as much information as possible, we have provided a brief overview of the pro's and con's regarding U-Haul and their moving vans and trailers.
- If you are moving in a rural area then you may not have a Penske or Budget Truck location available, but you likely have a U-Haul. Not only do they have the most trucks, they also have the most locations. This is a major advantage and one reason so many people continue to utilize U-Haul.
- About a year ago we put together a "U-Haul Advisory" which at the time provided numerous sources of media investigations into their trucks and subsequently, their mechanical and safety failures. Since we released that article they have made efforts to release new fleets of trucks to replace the older ones.
- Their customer service at many locations is not so great. This of course depends on the location, but our continual feedback from customers suggests that they have a greater issue with customer service than the other truck rental companies.
- One thing that we do like about U-Haul is their moving supplies. They are the only truck rental company that stocks their corporate stores with a large quantity and selection of moving supplies, and they are generally affordable. When our crews require supplies on the run we will generally run into a U-Haul location.
- U-Haul is also the only company with tow behind trailers. If you have a vehicle with towing capacity and only need to move a small amount of items this would certainly be beneficial to you.
Regardless of which truck rental company you ultimately choose you may want to consider our moving labor services. Our movers take the stress out of your move by quickly and efficiently loading and unloading.
Mover Load & Unload Times
|Truck Size||Load||Unload||# Of Movers|
|10'||2 Hours||1.25 Hours||2 Movers|
|14'||3 Hours||2.25 Hours||2 Movers|
|17'||3.75 Hours||3 Hours||2 Movers|
|20'||4.25 Hours||3.25 Hours||2 Movers|
|24'||3.75 Hours||3 Hours||3 Movers|
|26'||4.25 Hours||3.5 Hours||3 Movers|