Do-it-Yourself College Moving
Whether you are completing a college move-in or move-out, the semi-annual ritual of moving your items around campus is a stressful one. The average person moves once every seven years while college students usually do it twice in a single year! Maybe you no longer want to deal with the hassle, or perhaps this semester your dorm room is located up five flights of stairs. Whatever your situation is, it's easy to see why so many students dread the moving process and find themselves searching for reliable and affordable moving help.
Let's review the most common transportation and storage options for college moves.
Probably the most common moving method for a college move-in or move-out is a personal vehicle. Whether it be the family van or SUV, you'll find them on college campuses nationwide on major student move-in and move-out dates.
Moving Truck Rental
A rental truck is often not necessary since college students have so few items. However, if a rental truck is required, a small tow behind trailer or 10' truck should do the trick. A moving truck can be rented from Penske Truck Rental, Budget Truck Rental or U-Haul. Find more information by visiting our moving truck rental guide.
Moving Storage Containers
It has become very common for college students to use smaller moving storage containers for summer storage. These smaller, local storage container companies will often offer special discount opportunities to college students which will include the delivery and pickup of the container at the campus. The obvious benefit? They take care of the transportation and storage so you don't have to.
There are many size and company options available for moving storage containers. College students will typically want a smaller 6'-8' container. Find more information about the different storage companies and container sizes by visiting our moving storage container guide.
How Can Hiring Moving Help Benefit my College Move?
- Packing: If you're utilizing a summer shipping program we can pack the moving boxes for you.
- Nationwide Service: We offer nationwide service and service most college campuses.
- We're Professionals: Our movers are trained to minimize the risk of damage and maximize your space.
- Flexibility: We offer a variety of scheduling and rescheduling options if moving delays occur.
Hiring Moving Help for your College Move
Elite Moving Labor is the most recognized and reputable moving labor company in the country. We know do-it-yourself moving, and we know that planning and managing your upcoming DIY move is stressful. That's why we've made it easy to request a personalized moving labor quote and scheduling your moving help.
- Reliability: Once you're scheduled, you're scheduled. We show up for every move, you depend on us and our brand name depends on your satisfaction.
- Flexibility: Last minute changes happen, we provide no cost rescheduling.
- Pricing: Up front, simple pricing with no hidden or add-on fees.
- Coverage: Moving services are available in all major metropolitan areas and most secondary cities. We also provide coverage for many rural areas as well.