Information about Elite Moving Labor, including corporate history and future development.
- 2004: The Beginning
- Elite Moving Labor began offering moving labor services on June 21st, 2004 in Germantown, Maryland, a suburb of Washington D.C. The company was originally named Pacific West Moving and provided moving labor help locally in the Washington D.C., Maryland and Virginia area.
- 2004-2007: Expansion
- From 2004-2007 the company expanded rapidly, providing moving labor to an average of 5,000 customers annually in the Washington D.C. metropolitan area. During this time two regional offices were opened, one in Raleigh, NC and the other in Miami, FL.
- 2007-2008: Budget Truck Rental
- In 2007 the company reached an operational agreement with Budget Truck Rental to manage three Budget Rental Truck and Car locations. The move was considered strategic, allowing customers who had reserved moving labor to also reserve their rental truck, and vice versa. Two of the locations were in Maryland, one in Gaithersburg, MD and the other in Bethesda, MD. The third location was located in Tampa, FL. Unfortunately, all three locations were closed a year later as revenue failed to meet expectations.
- 2009: Elite Moving Labor
- On January 1st, 2009 the company officially rebranded as Elite Moving Labor and opened their Customer Support & Operations facility in Tampa, FL. The name change was part of a branding strategy to more accurately describe the moving services we provide and to help prevent confusion amongst customers seeking a full service moving company.
- 2009-2012: Brand Licensing
- In October of 2009 Elite Moving Labor announced plans to license their brand name, similar to a franchise. The first licensed location opened in 2010 and ten more locations eventually followed. The licensing program was discontinued in late-2012.
- 2014: A Big Year
- On March 26th, 2014 the company acquired the domain movinglabor.com for $50,000. And three months later, on June 21st, 2014, the company celebrated its 10 year anniversary.
- 2015: MovingLabor.Com
- On April 20th, 2015 the company officially launched movinglabor.com along with new features and a responsive design intended to create a better user experience for those on a mobile device or tablet. On June 21st, 2015 the company had its 11 year anniversary.
- November 2016: New Site Experience
- Users can now search for moving labor companies by zip code, state, county and city. Read real customer reviews and see the company rating, verified credentials and more.
- December 2017: We're Denver Bound!
- The company HQ will be relocating from Tampa, FL to Denver, CO in December 2017. We will maintain a small, satellite operation in Tampa but the majority of employees will be relocating to the new HQ in Denver.