2 minutes reading time (435 words)

Does My Moving Truck Need A Parking Permit in 2022?

For Moving Trucks, Trailers and Storage Containers

You’ve thought of everything from your hairdryer to the kitchen sink as you have planned your upcoming move. You know when to pick up the moving truck and you've hired movers to load it, but have you thought about whether or not your new city requires a temporary parking permit for your moving truck, container or trailer?

As it pertains to moving, some cities, especially the larger ones, will require that you obtain a special parking permit for your moving vehicle. There are also some cities that don't require such a permit, but offer one as a convenience. For example, if you're planning to unload a moving pod in downtown Boston it makes sense to obtain a permit that reserves an unloading zone for your moving container.

A parking permit requirement is typically not only limited to a moving truck. If you have a moving container or freight trailer you will most likely be required to obtain a temporary parking permit as well.

A MyWay Storage container parked outside of a home on the streetMany large cities require them, and some small cities do too. We’ve compiled a list of top cities that we know need permits, and we’d like to share that list with you! Of course, this information will change over time; so definitely check with the city directly to make sure you’ve taken care of everything.

Helpful Tips

Be sure to apply for your city’s permit well in advance and tell them all the specifics about your move. If you’ll be parking in a metered location, the city will likely charge more to reserve those spaces. Then, be sure to ask about “No Parking” signs and the legal placement of those signs.

You’ll find our roundup of large cities that require moving permits in 2022 below.

Moving soon? Find affordable local movers to do the heavy lifting for you on our mover marketplace.
State City/County Phone
AZ Phoenix 602-495-6769
AZ Tucson 520-791-5071
CA Irvine 949-724-7173
CA Laguna Beach 949-464-6647
CA Los Angeles 310-843-5936
CA Oakland 510-444-CITY
CA San Diego 866-470-1308
CA San Francisco 415-701-2311
CO Denver 303-446-3759
D.C. Washington 202-442-4670
FL Key West 305-809-3864
FL Orlando 407-836-3111
GA Atlanta 404-330-6501
IL Chicago 312-744-5000
MA Boston 617-635-2560
MD Annapolis 443-648-3087
MD Baltimore 410-396-4508
MD Montgomery County 240-777-0311
ME Portland 207-874-8801
MI Detroit 313-224-3970
MI Grand Rapids 616-456-3000
MN Minneapolis 612-673-3000
MO St. Louis 314-647-3111
NC Charlotte 704-432-1562
NC Raleigh 919-996-3996
NJ Hoboken 201-420-2000
OH Cincinnati 513-352-3463
OH Columbus 844-565-1295
OR Portland 503-823-5185
PA Philadelphia 215-686-5500
PA Pittsburgh 412-255-2370
TN Nashville 615-862-8782
TX Austin 512-974-1150
TX Dallas 214-670-6904
TX Houston 713-837-0311
TX San Antonio 210-542-8921
UT Salt Lake City 801-535-2345
VA Alexandria 703-746-4035
VA Arlington 703-228-3629
VA Richmond 804-646-0436
WA Seattle 206-684-5086
WI Madison 608-266-4761

Related Posts

By accepting you will be accessing a service provided by a third-party external to https://www.movinglabor.com/