How to Hire Moving Help for Packing Services
If you plan to hire moving help to pack up your home then you may have some questions as to how our packing service works. You may also need help understanding how we price and bill for packing materials and moving supplies, and what options are available to you for those materials.
This moving guide is intended to help you understand how our movers can help you with the packing process, whether you need help packing one room or your entire home.
How Our Packing Services Work
Our movers are licensed and insured that are professionally trained in a variety of moving services, from packing moving boxes to loading and unloading moving trucks and POD units. Whether you need your entire home packed up or just a single room, our movers can help make the packing process easier and more efficient.
You should always begin this process by getting a quote for our moving labor rates in your area, you can request a moving quote online or by contacting Customer Support at (888) 354-8303. Regardless of which method you choose, we will always ask you three packing related questions to help us understand your specific needs.
- What is the square footage of your home? This is the most important question we ask as it helps us understand how large your home is. It is important to remember that a "two bedroom apartment" or "four bedroom home" is not a unit of measurement as they can be completely different sizes in different regions.
- What percentage of your home will our movers pack? Let's assume you've packed the majority of your 2000 SqFt home and want our movers to pack the kitchen only. In this situation we'd likely choose 10-15% which would tell us that you will need around 200-300 SqFt packed.
- Who is providing the moving supplies? You have the option to provide your own packing materials or we can provide them for you.
Options for Moving Supplies
Just because your hire our movers to help pack up your home does not mean you are required to purchase your moving supplies from us. In fact, we recommend purchasing your own packing materials separately to reduce your overall cost.
Provide Your Own Moving Supplies: It is completely up to you whether you want to buy brand new moving boxes, buy used boxes, rent reusable plastic moving crates or seek out free boxes in your local community. Read more about all of these options and find additional moving guides and resources by visiting our moving supply options section.
We Provide the Moving Supplies: If you'd prefer, our movers can provide all of the necessary packing materials for your move. There are three things you will want to be aware of if you elect this option:
- The price sheet includes a minimum and maximum price range for each supply item, this is because we are a nationwide company and prices vary by location. Rest assured that the price we charge for each item will always be within the price range shown.
- You will receive a call at least 24 hours prior to your move from a local supervisor or manager, this call is referred to as the 'materials survey'. During this call the representative will ask questions to help them determine the types and quantities of materials to send out with the movers.
- The movers will have a supply inventory sheet with them on site. This sheet will track the quantities and types of materials used for billing. You will only be billed for the materials that are used.