Moving Storage Containers
Moving storage containers provide a number of benefits that other methods, like a rental truck or freight trailer, cannot provide. The primary reason that most people choose a portable storage container is that they are unsure of where they are moving or when. By loading their items into a portable storage unit they can store it locally and eventually have it shipped, if needed, to their new home once they have figured out the unknowns.
Why Use a Storage Container?
- Unknown destination or move date
- Temporary on-site storage while renovating or decluttering
- Reduce clutter in the home for staging and Realtors
- Flexible delivery and pick up allowing customers to move at their own pace
Moving With A Portable Storage Container
Not sure if a storage container is right for your move? Take a few moments to explore additional resources to help you determine if a container is right for you.
- Moving Guide: Should I use a portable storage container?
- Local Moving: Using a storage container for a local move
- Long Distance Moving: Using a storage container for a long distance move
Selecting a Moving Storage Container
When selecting a portable storage company you should primarily be looking at the size of the units offered. Many container companies, including PODS, utilize 12' and 16' units. However, there are many companies that provide storage containers around the country with a range of container sizes that are both larger and smaller.
If you plan on moving long distance you will also want to check if the company has a long distance division. At this time only a handful of the larger portable storage companies can handle nationwide shipments. It will be very important to determine which storage companies can transport your storage unit nationwide and which only offer local storage.