What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you schedule moving services, request a quote or fill out a form. During these interactions, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, or credit card information. You may of course visit our site anonymously if you so wish.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To Process Requests and Transactions: Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than for the express purpose of delivering the requested information (such as a quote or confirmation of a Service), or responding to your inquiry as needed
- To Send Transactional Emails: The email address you provide for order processing, quoting or general contact inquiries will only be used to send you information pertaining to your order or questions, including any necessary quotes, confirmation of a service, reconfirmation of a service, or the like.
How do we protect your information?
We at ML are concerned about safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect all information that we process and maintain. The Company implements a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via the latest in Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers’ database. This data can only be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential at all times.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
No, we do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who may assist us in operating our website, help us conduct our business, or may assist in servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential at all times. We will only release your information when we believe the release thereof is appropriate to ensure compliance with the law or by mandated court order, or to rigorously enforce our site policies, or to protect our rights or the rights of others as expressly prescribed and protected by law. This will only ever be done where absolutely necessary and with as much due regard for your privacy as prescribed by law and furthermore, as we feel morally compelled to respect. Please note that visitor information objectively deemed to be “non-personally identifiable” may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. However, any such sharing of information with said entities would have no impact whatsoever on your right to privacy when using our website or services.
Third party links
Occasionally, and at the sole discretion of ML, the company may choose to include or offer third party products or services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Please proceed to any such third parties’ websites with due and complete caution. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Customer Privacy and Information Requests
If you have hired MovingLabor.com for your move then you may request certain information from us. Information that may be requested includes:
- A copy of your completed work order
- A copy of your signed policy disclosure document
- An audio file of a recorded call
- A copy of system emails we have sent to you
Any request for the disclosure of this information must please meet the following criteria:
- It must be in writing and signed/dated (i.e. an email is not accepted in this regard)
- The information being requested must be properly specified
- It must be accompanied by a copy your identification. This must be in the form of a valid driver's license or passport
It is important to note that we will fully redact any sensitive data, such as credit card information, from all requests. The company reserves the right to charge a nominal fee to offset the cost of obtaining, redacting, and delivering this information to you.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we at ML value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your due and express consent.
Childrens Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We at ML are in fill compliance with the requirements of COPPA (the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act), so we do not collect any information from anyone under 18 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
Terms and Conditions
As already noted, please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our website.
This policy was last modified on 2/13/2018.